The worldwide Manager of Christian Science Committees on Publication, Russ Gerber – my boss! :) – has been invited by The Washington Post to comment in response to the question of whether faith values have a place in determining issues like levels of taxation. Citing the example of Jesus at a meal offered to him by a wealthy man, Russ strips the question down to an underlying basic inquiry…
December 14, 2010 | 1 Comment
Categories: Spirituality and Society
Author:Tony LoblI write on spirituality and health for a diversity of online media outlets, from my perspective as a Christian Science practitioner. I have been published by the Independent, the Washington Post, the Guardian, E-Hospice, MindBodyGreen and The Christian Science Monitor and I post regularly on the Huffington Post UK and BuzzFeed. In addition to writing and broadcast appearances I enjoy engaging with journalists, academics, health professionals and government officials about the possibilities for improving health outcomes through a greater emphasis on spirituality in healthcare and social care. I've also greatly valued the many opportunities I have had to travel globally for my church and to meet people around the world. My wife Jenny and I spent 10 years in Boston, USA, before returning to London in 2002, to take on a role as the media and legislative liaison for Christian Science in the UK and the Republic of Ireland. I studied at the University of Surrey earning a BSc Hons Degree in Modern Mathematics before the impact of spirituality on health caught my attention and re-shaped my career.
Search the site!
This is a blog of the British and Irish media/legislative representative for Christian Science - Tony Lobl - also a representative for Christian Science to pan-European institutions.
To contact Tony Lobl
- The King’s Speech – Lionel Logue and the Christian Science question January 7, 2011
- 100 reflections on why Mary Baker Eddy’s life and ideas still resonate 100 years on! December 3, 2010
- Emerging from the shadow of the Holocaust – my three transitional moments January 27, 2011
- Does ‘big data’ miss the bigger picture of things that can’t be measured? July 24, 2014
- We CAN turn our backs on our ‘constant inner critic’ June 16, 2014
- A word from the wise – forgiveness benefits the forgiver, too! June 9, 2014
- Dave Beckett: Carl Welz was my Christian Science "Teacher" 30+ y...
- Alice (East Palatka, FL): Thank you. This was absolutely the right message a...
- Letter to God: Anagarika eddie and Michael Clark on Interfaith Unity | Earthpages.org: […] A good place to go for spirituality in M...